When you contact your insurance agent to begin a quote, below is a list of items that are helpful for the agent to accurately quote your policy:
- Year Built
- Style: ranch, 2-story, split-level, etc. – this determines how square footage is entered into the system
- Square footage for each level
- Bathrooms: amount and type – full, 3/4, 1/2
- Garage: # of cars and square footage
- Size of lot
- Kitchen & Bathrooms – Updated? Counter type? Custom cabinets or stock?
- Roof type & Year: roof discount might apply for year and type (class 4/hail-proof can add more savings) – Be sure to know if they are T-lock shingles
- Security System reporting to fire & police departments qualifies for another discount – Ring-type system does not count unless it reports to fire and police
- Fireplace or Woodburning stove
- Floor coverings
- Type of Siding
- Porch/Deck & Size – concrete patio does not need to be reported
- Sliding Door(s): size and amount
- Unattached building(s) – shed, shop, etc.
Be sure to discuss options for deductibles, water backup coverage, and additional coverage for any scheduled items such as: jewelry, guns, artwork, collectibles, etc.